Increasing Safety and Security
What is It?
The Intelligent Vision System is computationally efficient in reducing data dimensionality in detecting objects on a train platform. It autonomously performs platform train interface (PTI) monitoring by detecting when a person or object is over the yellow line, helping to reduce vehicle dwell times.
What It Does
- Detects the yellow line on a platform.
- Detects when the train is in transit.
- Detects where passengers and objects are on the platform (if they are over the yellow line.)
- Sends alerts to drivers, staff and other stakeholders if someone is stuck in the gap.
- Uses existing camera infrastructure.
- Processes in real time, with low latency on a computer the size of a credit card (Raspberry Pi for example.)
- Improved safety at the PTI
- Optimisation of their PTI experience
- Increases driver’s experience and goes some way to reduce stress and pressure.
- Assists the driver to maintain on-time services by reducing passenger boarding dwell time, further helping to reduce safety related incidents.
Train and Station Operators
- Improved safety of passengers through a reduction in PTI FWI incidents.
- Faster passenger boarding at the PTI can aid station operators in running a safer and quicker service.
- (Side effect) improved passenger movement will help to reduce larger crowds and subsequently improving safety.